Professor Seiichiro Yonekura Scholarship Program
Professor Seiichiro Yonekura
(Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University, Japan).
Professor Seiichiro Yonekura, born in Japan, is renowned as business think tank globally. He achieved Ph.D in ‘History of Business’ from Harvard University. He has served as ‘Core Faculty of Global Leadership Program’ (An Executive Program for Action Learning), University of Michigan, Professor of Hitotsubashi University, Japan, ‘Dean of Center, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University, and Co-president of Institute of Strategy, Sony Corporation.
Currently, he is undertaking research from an historical vantage point on a comparative business history from the Industrial Revolution to the present, and on the best ways to pursue innovation under Japan’s non-nuclear, low-carbon society strategy.
Being a non-profit organization, BacBon Foundation aims to help the poor and meritorious students to achieve higher education. With the association and technical support of BacBon Ltd, the foundation is bringing Dr. Yonekura Scholarship program to the students of Bangladesh. The app-based education solution system, BacBon School, has more than 5000 video lecture contents with scripts and quizzes which will be extremely helpful to all the public, admission and professional examinee. Dr. Yonekura Scholarship will enable the students to study for free in the app on yearly basis.
- 1. Stand beside the promising but insolvent students and to inspire them for higher education
- 2. Help higher secondary level students from grade VI-XII
- 3. Reduce dropout rate of poor but meritorious students
- 4. Improve academic performance of Scholarship holders
- 5. Facilitate education service for the disadvantaged students
- 1. Currently studying at School/College Level
- 2. Committed to pursue higher study
- 3. Committed to participate in improving condition of the other poor students
- 4. Must belong to a poor family or a marginalized group
- 5. Father’s annual income must not be more than 120,000 BDT (150,000 Yen)
- 6. Must be regular in class attendance
Monthly BDT 1000 (One thousand) will be allocated for each selected student.
1st January-31st January in each year
- 1. Apply in the prescribed application form in the BacBon School App
- 2. Provide documents to justify the economic situation of students (e.g. income certificate, recommendation letter from institution head etc.)
- 3. Provide copy of academic transcript and attendance certificate to justify academic performance
- 1. Intensive screening process to select the appropriate candidates for the scholarship
- 2. Council of the scholarship committee reserve sole rights to select scholarship students
- 3. The decision of the committee is final
- 4. Scholarship will be distributed in monthly installment during study of the students